Skip to content

Dog Eats Christmas Decorations with Ribbons and Almost Dies


Share

The culprit, homemade ornaments with ribbon

This is why I write and talk about safety tips at Christmas. InBournemouth in the UK, a 7-year old Labrador named Marley ate 34 gingerbread Christmas tree decorations with ribbons and has undergone three hours of life-saving surgery, according to BBC News.

Owner Rachael Bulmer said she rushed Marley to a veterinary hospital after he seemed to go into shock. The dog underwent two operations to remove the ribbons, which were causing a potentially fatal blockage. The good news is that after several days in the hospital, Marley is expect to make a complete recovery, though that will take many weeks.

Another dog owner, Gill Edwards, from Ealing, west London said her Mini Dachshund, Otto, ate her own Christmas pants, which miraculously passed through its system without apparently causing any ill effects. You gotta hate when that happens.

 

Get My Newsletter!

Keep up with the latest pet news with the EXCLUSIVE STEVE DALE NEWSLETTER!

So, Who is Steve Dale?

steve-dale-with-pets

Steve Dale is a certified animal behavior specialist who has been a trusted voice in the world of pet health for over 20 years. You have likely heard him on the radio, read him in print and online, and seen him speaking at events all over the world. His contributions to advancing pet wellness have earned him many an award and recognition around the globe.

Book Credits

Learn more about the numerous books Steve has contributed to and authored!

Article Archive

Interested in reading past articles? Just use the dropdown to select a topic!

Categories

steve-dale-fan-club

Like Us on Facebook

Follow Steve Dale on Social Media!

© Steve Dale All Rights Reserved

Menu

Steve Dale Pet World